- I think I’m the only one who has never seen a full episode of Dr. Who. I think I am also the only one who doesn’t care to ever see anything Dr. Who related. The only Who thing I want to see is Whoville at Christmas. Dr. Seuss trumps Dr. Who any day.
- I’ve reached the breakup stage where I clean everything. Literally, nothing is safe in this apartment. I’ve cleaned out all my junk bags. I’ve rearranged the pantry and the laundry room. Next is the bathroom. I’m not entirely sure what will happen once I run out of things to organize.
- I’m watching a Christmas movie this afternoon. I don’t care that it’s not Thanksgiving yet; Christmas things (lights, music, movies) make me happy, and I am going to do what makes me happy.
- However, I am still terribly excited about Thanksgiving. FOOD, omg.
- Apparently I speak in numbers now.
Readers, what are some things you’ve been up to?
1. My alarm went off at 7:30am…ON A SATURDAY.
2. My chores (bank, breakfast, paying rent) were all done by noon.
3. My exciting afternoon plans include vacuuming, organizing, baking, and sweeping off the porch. Also, wine, leftover salmon and rice, chick flicks, and nanowrimo.
4. I’m making a nice list of clothes I need for work, and systematically breaking that list down store by store.
5. I’ve just completed a spreadsheet labeled Inventory. I’ve broken down my house, room by room, and listed all the items I use on a daily basis. Each Sunday, I will peruse this list. Never again will I be caught unawares, without toothpaste, hand soap, or paper towels.
Yep, total nerd alert.
Dear Readers, life has been crazy. But then again, that’s life. Here is a snapshot of what I’ve been up to:
- Writing. Writing writing writing. I’m writing weekly articles for Miss A, which fills me with nothing less than incredible satisfaction and happiness. Visit my page here; feel free to share the links with anyone and everyone.
- She works hard for the money. Guess who got a new job? That’s right, ME. It was actually an excellent experiment in observing how the economy has rebounded; I was let go on Monday around noon. I applied to a job posting on Tuesday morning. By Tuesday afternoon, I was called in, I interviewed, and began a week later. A month in, I couldn’t be happier. They hired me as a writer/marketer, and I’ve already been given projects including re-doing a brochure, producing a 16 page booklet, and writing an article for a local magazine. I finally feel like I’ve found my place. It’s a relief.
- Ideas…My dear friend Amanda and I seem to end up sloshing ideas all over the room whenever we meet up. Our most recent plans include becoming involved with GOOD Magazine, my starting my own magazine (YES), and trying our hardest to get involved in the 2015 gathering of Nobel Laureates.
There are also plans for the holidays, vacations, and other things in the works, but it’s Sunday afternoon, I’ve been sick (and therefore tired), and laundry needs to be done and bills paid. It’s not a glamorous life, but it’s mine, and I’m enjoying it.
Greetings, readers. In lieu of an actual post for you tonight, I have a link to my latest Miss A article. On Saturday night, my dear friend Amanda and I got all dressed up in our Target dresses, limped around in our heels, and geeked out about seeing Andrew Young, Mayor Kaseem Reed, appetizers being passed by suited waitstaff, and an endless supply of alcohol. A finer time has not been had, at least by these ladies.
Check it out here; don’t forget to leave a comment or a thumb’s up!
Who is as ready for a new beginning as I am? Cool nights, gorgeous trees, new food to cook with, pumpkin, lights, festivals, fairs…yes. This is my favorite time of year. Further proven by the fact that I just lit my new cinnamon scented Cracklin’ Candle. I’m ready, so much more this year than ever before. I’m ready.
Fifteen days, y’all. I’m counting down.
It does indeed.
However, in 14 days I will be accompanying my lovely editor Lindsey to a gala at Atlantic Station; I am covering the event for Miss A. Heartbreak is the best inspiration, as we all know, and I’ve been trying to pick up as many writing assignments as possible, on top of working late (and weekends!). It works.
You bet your ass it is.
Readers, are you excited for the change in season, or are you still deep in summer mode? Are you biding time, waiting for snow and Christmas or is spring more your cup of tea?
Let’s all remember this.