I follow an artist on YouTube who, every day, posts videos reminding her viewers to enjoy every day, be silly every day, and other general reminders. She is always trying to find the bright side of things, even if she had a terrible day. This has inspired me, and so I will list some of the things I’m thankful for.
- It’s officially March, which means spring isn’t too far off. And we all know that springtime in Atlanta is a sight to behold. Bring me some daffodils and dogwoods. Not to mention the azaleas.
- It’s supposed to rain all week. Now, for some people, that’s not a positive thing. But, as a writer, I find myself loving the sound of raindrops on the roof and against the window and hoping for a rumble of thunder. And even if I get my feet wet, I’m going to keep loving whatever weather comes my way.
- I’ve lost almost 30 pounds. I will be thankful and proud of that instead of beating myself up that I haven’t lost more.
- Wednesday, I’m attending the Atlanta Magazine Best of Atlanta Party. How lucky I am to be able to attend events like this and make a living doing what I love.
- I have plans with several friends this week. How lucky I am to have such people in my corner.
In short, I think it’s important to find the good in every day and be cheerful and upbeat, no matter what life brings you. Just call me Pollyanna.